Ryder Industries: working to become the factory of the future
Ryder Industries has made significant investments over the past half century to automate our repetitive production operations in line with our philosophy of continuous improvement, while working according to LEAN and Six Sigma principles and practices, alongside achieving our goal to become the smart factory of the future.
The ‘Smart Industry’ stands for Industry 4.0 or industrial transformation in the fourth industrial revolution in which smart manufacturing is de facto embedded.
Digitization in manufacturing becomes a smart factory which is a highly digitized workshop. Through this transformation, we continuously collect and share data through connected machines, devices and production systems.
This means we have fully integrated operations and collaborative manufacturing systems that react in real time to meet changing demands and conditions in our smart factory, benefiting our supply chain network and delivering according to real needs and requirements. forecasts of our customers.
Competitive advantage comes from the continuous improvements we make to streamline our production efficiency. By eliminating repetitive processes, using intelligent automation, our workflows are streamlined, which increases their efficiency and, in turn, enables our customers to benefit from our manufacturing efficiencies, from seed to scale, as well as ensuring that we provide the best quality product to our customer.
The benefits of our smart manufacturing environments
Ryder made a conscious decision to integrate our systems, processes, technologies and people to improve facility management in our building (name locations).
Like almost all professions in the industry, outsourcing and equipment will be transformed by digital technology in the years to come. From sensors in the office to track usage to large form factor investment equipment used in manufacturing facilities, the need to make data-driven decisions and gather insights is growing. In the supply chain of everything, the need for full transparency and traceability back to the batch is in demand.
The smart and connected world will make tasks easier and in the workplace yes it could reduce levels of repetitive process production staff however it allows companies like Ryder to present the opportunity to improve their tasks labour-intensive manual work.
- Predict potential problems
- Reduce administrative work
- Helps comply with industry standards
The above becomes a strong competitive advantage to make our workplace a more attractive place for employees and a more attractive talent acquisition and retention offering due to the level of data we can provide to our customers around the clock. 24 and 7/7.
In terms of real-time data, we are able to monitor our:
- Energy consumption as part of our sustainability efforts. This allows us to optimize asset tracking, inventory, order fulfillment and predictive maintenance, allowing us to detect a problem before it becomes a real problem and resolve it quickly to limit the equipment downtime.
- Environmental impact, allowing us to make smart decisions where to invest in sustainable solutions. Reducing our energy consumption, for example, figures vary between systems and buildings, but Ryder can reduce our energy consumption in one of our production buildings by approximately 5% to 35% thanks to the using smart technology
- As we increase our productivity, we have the opportunity to increase our production, which in turn increases our yield. The goal of all businesses is to continuously increase customer satisfaction while maintaining healthy business growth.
- A smart, connected factory can make operations easier. For example, he can:
resolve issues with current functional systems, which will reduce daily and unnecessary expenses.
- Also from an HR perspective, these actions improve the work experience of our team members, while helping us to improve the skills of our team and with the possibility of development, our team can grow.
All of these have an impact on efficiency, which drives the economy and competitive advantage.